PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES
REVIVAL CONSULTING SERVICES SINGLE MEMBER SA (hereinafter the" Revival", “us”), intends to inform its candidates about the processing of their personal data, according to the General Data 2016/679 (EU), the Greek Law 4624/2019, the Decisions, Instructions and Opinions of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority and in general the national and union legislation for the protection of personal data (hereinafter as “Existing Legislation”). This Privacy Notice concerns the personal data of candidates, submitting CVs to Revival.
‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
‘special categories of personal data’ means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
2. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Revival collects candidate's personal data such as name, surname, date of birth, gender, phone, email, address, postal code, city, country, website / blog, type of employment, job title, duration, organization and education level, professional skills, language certificates and diplomas professional experience, tasks and responsibilities in previous companies / departments where they were employed as well as other personal details included in candidate's CV. Revival does not seek to collect special categories of personal data at that stage.
3. PURPOSE & LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The purpose of processing candidate’s personal data is to evaluate their suitability for a specific job. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Revival legitimate interest in hiring the right employee for the specific job. In cases where a candidate wishes the transmission of his CV to Revival customers, the legal basis for processing is its free and explicit consent. Also, in cases where a candidate wishes the retention of his CV for three (3) years in order to be evaluated for future jobs, the legal basis for processing, is its free and explicit consent.
Taking into account the state of the art, the cost of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risks of varying likelihood and severity for rights and freedoms of natural persons posed by the processing, Revival both at the time of the determination of the means for processing and at the time of the processing itself, implements appropriate technical and organisational measures, such as pseudonymisation, which are designed to implement data-protection principles, such as data minimisation, in an effective manner and to integrate the necessary safeguards into the processing in order to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the candidate’s rights.
For this purpose, Revival has adopted Policies and Procedures for the protection of personal data and has implemented important data protection measures, which include secure storage of data, classified access, etc.
5. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data processed by Revival, are safely stored on its servers, kept in Revival’s database for 3 months, provided that Revival does not proceed with its recruitment. After that period, the personal data are safely destroyed and the processing is terminated unless otherwise provided by law.
6. DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
According to the Existing Legislation, candidates have the right to:
- request information about your stored personal data and the way it is processed. If you so wish, we shall provide a copy of their personal data undergoing processing, free of charge (Right of Access);
- request rectification of inaccuracies or errors, correction of incomplete data or an update of their data (Right to rectification);
- request erasure of personal data, if no longer retained for specific, legal or stated purposes (Right to erasure or Right to be forgotten);
- request restriction of processing a) when the accuracy of the personal data is contested, b) when the processing is unlawful (but they oppose the erasure of the data), c) when the data is no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, and d) for as long as the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject are still pending;
- object on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data, especially when this data is processed for direct marketing purposes or profiling. More specifically, they may object to a decision based solely on automated processing. In such a case, they may exercise their right of intervention (Right to object - Automated individual decision-making);
- receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transmit this data to another controller, where technically feasible and at all times under the specific conditions of the law (Right to data portability);
- revoke their once granted consent for your data processing at any time. As a result, Revival will not be allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future.
Candidates may address their requests to Revival’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Revival shall answer all their requests within one (1) month. In the extremely rare cases that such a fulfillment is proven unfeasible, Revival shall immediately inform employees explaining the reasons in detail. This deadline may be extended by another two (2) months, if required, in case the request is complex or there is a large number of requests. In case that any employee believes that the provisions for personal data are being violated, she/he may file a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
If you have any questions or concerns about the way Revival processes your personal data, or you would like to exercise your data protection rights under Article 6 of GDPR, you may contact Revival via email: email@example.com